Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Video Scripts: Halloween 6, Jason Goes to Hell, The Thing 2011


Cody shares three more of the videos he has written for the JoBlo Horror Originals YouTube channel.

I have been writing news articles and film reviews for ArrowintheHead.com for several years, and now I also write scripts for videos that are released through the site's YouTube channel JoBlo Horror Originals. I have previously shared the videos I wrote that covered 


- Frailty, Dead Calm, and Shocker 

- 100 Feet, Freddy vs. Jason, and Pin 

- Night Fare, Poltergeist III, and Hardware 

- A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, and It's Alive

- Dark City, Mute Witness, and The Wraith

- Army of Darkness, Cannibal Holocaust, and Basket Case 

- and the Halloween timeline, The Pit, and Body Parts


Below, you can see three more videos that I have written the scripts for.


Since I had already written about the "Thorn timeline" in the Halloween franchise, a timeline which includes Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, I was asked to write a "WTF Happened to This Horror Movie?" video about that particular Halloween sequel as well. Here's the result:


I also wrote a WTF video on the Friday the 13th sequel Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, and it received some great feedback from the film's director Adam Marcus: "Hey guys! This is Adam Marcus, yeah, THAT ADAM MARCUS. I just wanted to say thank you. I’ve been a huge fan of JoBlo and all of your content (even when I don’t agree with all of it). But when I first heard that you had done an episode of WTF about my first film, my heart sank. Well, imagine my surprise when I saw this thoughtful, well-researched piece about what really happened (a couple facts are slightly off, but it’s insanely close to word perfect). I am completely surprised and honored. It played a little more like a Black Sheep episode than a WTF but I’m glad for it. Also, thank you for shouting out most of my remarkable cast, they all did incredible work and I’ve always been so proud of them. Anyway, you folks are terrific and this is one director who’s actually quite happy to have you dissect my work.  Bless y’all.  Adam"



And the third in this WTF streak was a video on the 2011 prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 classic The Thing:




More video scripts have been written, so another batch of videos will be shared here on Life Between Frames eventually. In the meantime, keep an eye on JoBlo Horror Originals!

No comments:

Post a Comment